Abortion Leave for six weeks GO No. 762
GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Family Planning Programme – Extension of Maternity Leave to female Government employees who
undergo medical termination of pregnancy – Orders – Issued
MEDICAL & HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Read the following:-
1. From the Government of India, Letter No. 37026/5/76, Ply, dated 31-5-1976
2. From the D.M.Hs. Letter No.103524/MTP/76, dated 21-6-1976
ORDER:The Government of India in their letter 1st read above have informed that the provision of grant of
Maternity leave has been extended to cases of abortions induced under M.T.P Act 1971.
2. The Government have examined the question of issuing similar orders in the case of state
government employees and direct that the abortion induced under the M.T.P 1971 be also considered
as a case of abortion for the purpose of granting Maternity Leave to a family Government servant
subject to the following conditions
1. The leave does not exceed six weeks, and
2. The application for leave is supported by a certificate issued by the doctor, who has
performed the Medical Termination of pregnancy.
3. The above orders will not however be made applicable to the past cases, which have been
4. Necessary amendment to Annexure VII, Section (ii) to the Fundamental Rules, will be issued
from the Finance & Planning (FRS) Department.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
Joint Secretary to Government